Monday, February 11, 2008

Series: Golden Bride

Golden Bride

My Rating: 4 stars

Description:
Jin Joo is a half Korean and Vietnamese girl who marries a Korean man, Kang Jun Woo, in order to come to Korea to look for her biological father who abandoned her. The drama is not only about her searching for her dad but also about the cultural differences between her and her husband's family. There is bad blood between the two families, Kim and Kang. The rivalry is even more fueled because Jun Woo's mother used to date Young Min's father but Young Min's mother stole him away from her. Kang Sae Mi is Jun Woo's sister and Kim Young Soo is Young Min's younger brother. They want to get married but both families oppose their marriage which leads to the two young lovers running away and living together.


My two cents:

Finally after 5 months of watching this series I am DONE!!! All 64 one hour episodes. Somewhere in the middle of this show I got bored or frustrated but I am glad I stuck it out. After watching it that long you get kinda attached to the characters. I cried and cried last night about Young Soo and Sae Mi. :)All is good though. I loved how the characters progressed and how they were completely different at the end of the show. Like for instance Jin Joo, I couldn't stand her hair but as her character progressed so did her looks. I can't believe the progression of the character jin joo from beginning to end. It was just so amazing. :)


Honestly this show was like a lame soap opera. The camera angles, lighting, the zooming in on the faces and long dramatic pauses. It made me sick to think I was watching a soap opera. But all in all it had an AMAZING ending that gave me closure. For the ending alone I would have given it 5 stars. But I had to knock it down to 4 because of the soap opera lameness.


Video: Ok so the first video the music quality stinks for most of it. But It was just my favorite scenes from the last two episodes. *Sniff, Sniff*

This video is more based on the first few episodes. There aren't a lot of videos to choose from because it is such a new series but yeah. I can't stand the song, lol, they played it so much in the show after 64 episodes of the song you want to throw something at the screen but oh well!

No comments: